New Orleans, LA: Police: 16-year-old arrested in Algiers car shooting that left one dead, one critical

NEW ORLEANS – A 16-year-old boy has been arrested and booked on one count of second-degree murder and one count of attempted second-degree murder after police said he opened fire on two people in the front seat of a car while he was sitting in the car’s back seat last week in Algiers.

The incident occurred in the 4300 block of Meadow Park Lane around 11 a.m.

*

The driver died on the scene, while a passenger remains in critical condition.

Police said witnesses came to them and provided a physical description of the shooter. Some were also able to provide a nickname of the suspect.

The teenager was subsequently picked up last Tuesday without incident.

Police-16-year-old-arrested-in-Algiers-car-shooting

*

Police said the boy shot the two victims in the front seat of a red vehicle while the boy sat in the back seat.

Marlon Smith, 32, died on the scene.  The 27-year-old man seated next to him was taken to a nearby hospital and is in critical condition.

new-orleans/Boy-16-arrested-in-Algiers-killing-shooting

Comments are closed.